Monday 4 June 2012

Page 30...

Hi again everyone, how are we all after a beautiful long weekend (here in Kiwiland at least!)? I've been out and about heaps as usual, decided to get away from it all for a night while I could. More on that later!

The biggest news I have to share tonight is, I found a new flat to move into! I've been keeping my eye on 'flatmate wanted' ads on an NZ trade website, and found a couple that were both really close to work that I thought I'd inquire about. Gladly, one of them (the cheaper one!) replied quite quickly saying I could go and have a look, which I did on Saturday afternoon. Within a couple of hours, the advertiser texted me back saying I could move in next weekend! I'm completely stoked to have one more piece of my jigsaw puzzle in place now! It's a really cool place, the current residents are a lady in her 30's and her 5 year old son. I didn't meet the little guy, but she's a really cool chick, studying to be a nanny as well as running her own beauty type business. The house is nice, leather lounge suite, new appliances, newly refurb'd bathroom etc etc. I'm really looking forward to moving in! Firstly, it's literally two minutes from work, which is going to make things heaps easier, and secondly, I miss having my own space to chill out in without feeling like I'm intruding upon other people's area. And it'll be really really nice to sleep in my own bed again! :-)

Anyways, the rest of my weekend was pretty laid back apart from that, I decided to go for a night up at a camping ground at a beach up north, it was so quiet and calming! One night away from the busyness of normal life was definitely good for the soul, and I'll definitely be doing it again in the near future! I spent a day at the hot pools, watching movies on a big screen from one of the pools, soaked in a 40 degree spa pool, caught up on my suntan (a little bit), and generally just had the most relaxing day I've had in years! Then the following day I sat on the beach for about an hour, before coming back to the city. After that I spent the rest of the day at a friend's place watching DVD's. In all honesty, I feel hugely refreshed, it's been so long since I've been able to just get away on my own and do absolutely nothing! And, seeing that the motorcycle season is pretty much finished for the year, I plan on doing it lots more...

Apart from that, there isn't much more to share this time. Work is going great, the bike seems to be running even better than it has done in over a year, I've started getting my finances back in order again now that I have an income again... All in all, things couldn't be much better! So many people deserve my most heartfelt thanks, helping me get back on my feet again, putting me up, helping me with the bike, and getting me back into work... I feel like I owe everyone around me more than I could ever repay. I can't wait to be able to give something back to each and every single one of them in some way that will mean as much to them as what they've given me. With things on the up and up for me like they are at the moment, it won't be long before I can do just that! :-)

I have been so lucky lately, having such good friends around me... I know I have been guilty of taking my friends for granted in the past, but if the last three months have taught me anything, it's to put real value in the lasting relationships. I don't know if anyone else can understand how much it means to me that my friends have all been 'good' friends, not giving up on me, not trying to push me into things before I was ready on my own... I don't exactly know how to put it into words, other than to say that I hope each and every single one of you out there reading this can appreciate your good friends as much as they appreciate you!

Take care out there!


Until next time...

:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to say? Here's the place for it! :-)