Thursday 3 May 2012

Page 27

Hey again, how's everyone's day been? Just a quick update tonight, maybe with a few extra thoughts thrown in at the end for good measure... Read on...!

Well, as you may have read earlier, I had a job interview this morning, at a Printing Factory, for a job as a Packer on the factory floor. The interview went really well, the guys seem really cool, easy going, we talked about a whole bunch of stuff from my past experiences to my future goals and what plans I have for my career... I went down to the floor with one of the Supervisors and had a look around, the place is freaking huge! They must have at least a dozen printing machines, plus a massive warehouse area for stock and bulk packages to be sent out. My job (hopefully!) will be working on a printing machine, packing envelopes into boxes, at a rate of about 700 per minute. That kinda tells you the magnitude of the operation! It's a pretty simple position, but I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to get back into work. Fingers crossed for the call back in the next couple of days! :-)

On a different note, I have been thinking lately about some stuff that I thought it would be okay to share... I'm at a stage in life - I'm not 'young' anymore, at 31 now (Lol I can hear some of you laughing at that from all the way over here!) and I think it's about time I finally look at settling down. I've seen pretty much the whole of New Zealand over the last 10 or so years, including some places not available to the normal civilian populace, thanks to my time in the 'services... I've loved being able to travel around so much, but now I'm finally back where I really do feel like I belong. Someone once said "It's the people that make a place", which I've found to be very true. And the thing I've realised is, the people here are completely awesome!!! They don't realise it themselves, but I have a lot of respect and gratitude for the people that have taken me in, looked after me, helped me get back on my feet, and pushed me in the right direction. Whether or not they read this, I'm gonna put it out there for the universe to receive it, they deserve a huge big thank you! And not just from me either, I think. The point I'm trying to make in a roundabout kinda way is, I'm gonna make an almighty effort to make the rest of this year (and of course the years to come!) the best yet - in some ways I can't wait for a certain someone to come home, but also I know I've got lots to do before she does, to get myself to a point where I'm ready for her to become more of a fixture in my life. Lol does that even make sense? Hehe... I know she'll understand, she always does! :-)

To look even further down the track, I have never previously seen much of a future for myself, having been such a 'lone wolf' up until fairly recently, wandering around so much as I have done... But for the first time in my life I can honestly say I do have an picture I'd like to see brought to life for my future self, even though it might sound corny......

I don't know how to put it other than this: I'd love to be have a family of my own, married, kids, the whole nine yards... Leaving for work in the morning with a kiss from the wife, helping the kids with their homework each night, mowing the lawns on the weekend, teaching my kids about cars (if that's what they're interested in?)... Does that sound corny? Me, the rough-neck, the boy-racer, the lone wolf, settling down? My mother wouldn't believe it even if she saw it with her own eyes! To be honest, I don't know if I would either, if I was looking at myself from a different perspective... Well, I guess we'll all just have to wait and see what the future may bring, but I think one step at a time is a good starting point. It might happen, it might not, you never know, right? :-)

One thing I do know for sure, I'll never give up being a 'biker'...!


Until next time...

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to say? Here's the place for it! :-)