Thursday 7 February 2013

Page 34... Mates Matter!

Today saw an unusual turn of events: a good friend asked me to help him out with putting his bike back together. Now, while this may not seem strange to some, I'm just not very used to being asked for my help! Of course I said "no problem!" but it has led me to wondering, how many of you nice folk out there are indeed 'home garage handymen' (or handywomen)? I wonder if anyone else out there realizes that they can call me anytime for mechanical (or electrical) help? Well, may as well put it out there, those of you that know me, or anyone else for that matter, if you have something on your mind to do with your motorvehicle, contact me! Either through here, or my Facebook, or if you are lucky enough to have my phone number, call or text me! I am trying to get as many hours as possible at work at the moment, but I'm always available (after consulting my little black book of course!) to help out mates. In my mind, and especially when it comes to bikes, mates do matter!

I may not be fully qualified or greatly experienced in the motorbike field, but I do know a little bit, and I'm more than happy to share what I do know. My background, for what it's worth, is mostly in cars, I have worked in the automotive mechanical and electrical fields in the past, as well as having several other positions of employment in various other automotive roles (grooming, service driver, fitting audio and alarms, even tires...) but if you've been following this blog, you'll know that I've just finished a full rebuild of my own bike, bringing it back to better than new. I have also previously 'freshened up' a Ducati 916, 'ground-up' rebuilt a 1975 Morris Mini, and spent more days than I can count working on my own (and my mates) various cars and bikes.
Basically, if it needs fixing, servicing, adjusting, or even maybe a complete rebuild (cringe!!!) then I'd be more than happy to render assistance! If it's a nice easy small job, I don't ask for anything in return, to me mates helping mates is way more important than anything. Although, if anyone decides to send me their machine for a rebuild (complete or in pieces!) I'm sure we could work something out. I doubt that'll happen, just putting it out there of course!

To be honest, I wouldn't mind another project to keep my days off busy, so IF anyone does have something in mind, feel free to send me a message!

Till then...

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to say? Here's the place for it! :-)