Thursday 15 March 2012

Page 4

There's something to be said for guys (and girls) that are out there working all hours of the day and night. I've just finished a shift working on a job at the local shopping mall, it only took about 3 hours but luckily I had some help from a few guys that were finishing their night shift. They'd been on site for 15 hours by the time we finished, and in all honesty, they looked pretty haggard... I'm starting to feel all the odd hours catching up to me, but I haven't been doing nearly as many as they have! When good work is as hard to find as it is these days, I guess employers are pushing there workers ever harder to make a dollar. While I have no problem working so hard, I have to admit sometimes it feels like an uphill battle. Sometimes it feels like margins are so tight, profits are so minimal, that everyone is being asked to go that little bit further rather than the company having to spend a little bit more for more labour. That seems to be the way things are going for my company, running on a skeleton crew for the biggest event of our year. It doesn't really make sense to me, but I just have to make do. Anyway, that's my little moan for the day, on to brighter subjects now!

I've been spending a lot of my spare time cleaning up our house for an inspection today, giving the whole place a good spring clean, including my 'spare parts shed'. It's like christmas all over again when parts that I'd completely forgotten about emerge from the pile of boxes! Re-organising everything into a more manageable semblance of 'tidy' has been cool, although I have found that I don't want to throw anything out for fear of needing it in the future. I'm not really a 'hoarder' as such, but when it comes to the bike, I've got almost enough spares to build another whole bike! But then, I do admit to being a bit of a fanatic when it comes to my bikes maintenance, I do all the servicing and fixing myself. I did take it to a fairly reputable workshop a while back for a retune, but found out I can do a better job given I don't have to be conscious of how long it takes me to do any work on it. When I rebuilt the engine, for example, it took me the better part of a week to get the carb's all sync'd up nicely! Maybe I'm just a little too much of a perfectionist with it... Lol!

Well, that's all for now, I better go finish cleaning up the house before the landlord arrives.

Till next time!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to say? Here's the place for it! :-)