Friday 16 March 2012

Page 5

Well, the work week is finally over, the weekend has begun! I think I enjoy the weekends even more knowing that the closer to race day we get, the less weekends off I'm gonna have. This weekend, I have a decision to make: I can either go south to see some friends at a track day, or north for the same thing! (Just a different venue, obviously!) Southbound is about three times as far though, and if I go north, I can help 'marshall' for the day and get paid for it! So, as much as I'd love to catch up with the guys that are at the track down south, I think it's in my best interests to go north... Unless anyone strongly disagrees? :-)

I do have another little 'moan' to get out of my system today: the local council in their infinite wisdom have decided to rip out the roundabout at the end of my street, which makes traffic flow a crawling pace at best, and means every time I have to go out my bike gets covered in mud and shit. I reckon I should send the council a bill for making me have to clean my bike as much as I have been! I can't stand it looking filthy, so the garden hose has been put to use several times so far this week. I'll probably be out there cleaning it again before the end of today, for the ride tomorrow... Is that a little too obsessive...? Some might think so. I dunno, I just like having a clean bike!

The only downside to being so tied up with work is that it's going to seriously start to restrict my weekends away riding, but the upside to that is that I can start saving some serious dollars for my 'special trip' which should be taking place at the end of the year / start of next year... I should try start a fundraiser for it, I think! Anyone keen to help kick it off...? Hehe...

I know from first hand experience, when things get hectic is when I do my best, I love a challenge, the thrill of accomplishing a goal, so I know I'll be looking forward to my trip more and more the closer it gets. I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag just yet, just in case the 'plan' changes, but I'm fairly confident that within a few months or so it'll be concreted down. I've got a lot of planning to do to make sure it goes well, I've already started researching it and pencilling out ideas... However it works though, it's gonna be so much fun!

Well, I hate having to cut this short, but I'm running out of ideas for things to talk about now (if you hadn't already guessed!) so I'm gonna go relax for a bit with a nice cold beer in the sun!

Until next time!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you want to say? Here's the place for it! :-)